Standard Fire and Special Perils
A home is the place of innumerable memories; no money is better spent than what is invested on your home. Safeguarding your home from unforeseen events such as fire riots etc should be a priority and the best way of securing your home is with Standard Fire and Special Peril Insurance. An adequate and a comprehensive home insurance policy must be on top of your priority list. It is just not enough to have an insurance cover for your home but what matters is the right home insurance that covers all possible liabilities.
HDFC ERGO Standard Fire and Special Perils
HDFC ERGO SFSP policy provides an all encompassing protection for your home. Your home is your prized possession and it must be given the most trusted protection it deserves. SFSP Insurance from HDFC ERGO gives you the benefit of affordable coverage for your property and possessions against almost any eventuality. Get your home covered with HDFC ERGO SFSP and get yourself peace of mind.
Why HDFC ERGO Standard Fire and Special Perils Insurance?
- A home insurance that adequately safeguards your priceless property and possession
- A home insurance that protects both your home structure and the household contents
- With HDFC ERGO SFSP Policy, you can choose to cover the structure of your home only or include the household contents as well in a single policy with Zero documentation
- The policy covers:
- Fire and Special Perils: Building(Section I) and Contents(Section IA) covers the structure of your home and contents against
- Fire, Lightning, Explosion/Implosion, Aircraft Damage
- Riot, Strike, Malicious and Terrorist Damages
- Bursting and overflowing of water tanks, apparatus, pipes
- Storm, Cyclone, Typhoon, Tempest, Hurricane, Tornado, Flood and Inundation
- Earthquake, Volcanic Eruption & other Convulsions of Nature
- Impact damage by rail/road vehicle and animal
- Subsidence and Landslide including Rockslide
- Missile testing operations
- Leakage from automatic sprinklers installations
- Bush fire
- The sum insured for the structure of the house is based on the Reinstatement Value. Quite simply, it would be the reconstruction cost of the house in the event of any loss/damage due to any of the insured events like Fire, Riots, Storm, Flood and so on.
- The reconstruction value for the structure is determined by the construction cost. This, however, would not include the cost of land. The home insurance policy will calculate reconstruction cost based on two parameters which are mentioned below:
- Built Up Area of the House (Square Feet)
- Cost of Construction in your area / locality
WHAT IS NOT COVERED- HDFC ERGO Home Insurance Exclusion Policy
- Willful destruction of property
- Loss or damage caused by depreciation or wear and tear and Consequential loss of any kind
- Loss or damage, directly or indirectly, caused by or arising from or in consequence of or contributed to by Nuclear weapons material and / or Ionizing radiations
- Loss or damage, whether direct or indirect occasioned by the happening through or arising from any consequences of war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection military or usurped power or civil commotion or loot or pillage in connection therewith
*Please note these are illustrative exclusions. For a detailed list, kindly refer the policy wordings.